ADI's Make a Change Grant
Are you looking to make a positive change in your schools using ADI instructional materials? The Make a Change Grant is a perfect way to make this change happen!
The Make a Change Grant initiative is sponsored by Argument-Driven Inquiry and provides organizations with funding to support the adoption and subsequent use of ADI instructional materials. Each year Argument-Driven Inquiry looks to fund up to ten, three to four-year-long projects that will not only initiate a major change in the teaching and learning of science, mathematics, or engineering in a district or school but will also establish an infrastructure that will sustain the changes made after the projects' end.
Informational Webinar Recordings
Watch our overviews of ADI's 2024 Make a Change Grant Program to learn about your eligibility for the grant, as well as project requirements, the proposal and project timelines, and a Q&A session with our Program Director.
Up to $75,000 in ADI Learning Hub Subscriptions, Professional Learning and Kits can be requested to support your school or district!
If you and other teachers in your school or district have wanted to start using ADI instructional materials but have not been able to start due to a lack of funding or other resources, applying for the Make a Change Grant is a perfect way to make this change happen. The requirements to apply are:
- Your school or district must be located in the United States
- Your school or district needs to be new to ADI
- Your school or district needs to be using ADI in only one subject (e.g., your school or district has been using ADI in Science but now wants to expand to use ADI in Math)
- Your school or district needs to be using ADI in only one or two grade levels (e.g., your school or district is using ADI in Middle School Science and now wants to expand to use ADI in High School Biology)
How to Apply
First, read through the Request for Proposals document. After reading it in full, fill out and submit the Intent to Submit a Proposal Form by clicking the button below. The form needs to be completed before 5pm central time on February 2nd, 2024.
We will review the Intent to Submit a Proposal form and email the Proposal Submission Package to the contact specified on the form. The Proposal Submission Package will need to be submitted before 5pm central time on February 23rd, 2024.
Questions and Answers
Any questions we received regarding the Make a Change Grant will be answered below. All questions about the grant initiative, proposals, or project ideas can be submitted here.
When will 2024 Make a Change Grant applications open?
The application submissions for 2024 Make a Change Grant will open in the Fall of 2023.
If we had a training workshop a few years ago, but haven't used ADI since, do we still qualify for the grant?
Any school district or individual school located in the U.S. is eligible to apply for ADI's Make a Change Grant to fund a project.
However, in keeping with the name and spirit of this initiative, organizations that propose a project that will support the adoption and subsequent use of ADI instructional materials in a district or school that has not used ADI instructional materials at all prior to July 1, 2023 or want to start using them in a different subject area (e.g., district has been using them in science but now wants to expand to math) will be given funding priority over an organization that is just looking to expand the use of instructional materials to other grade bands (e.g., using materials in middle school and now wants to expand to high school biology).
If you and other teachers in your school or district have wanted to start using ADI instructional materials but have not been able to start due to a lack of funding or other resources, applying for a Make a Change Grant is a perfect way to make this change happen.
Is there a minimum number of participating schools and/or students?
No, there is no minimum needing to be met. As long as you are able to demonstrate a meaningful change, you are able to implement ADI resources in a way that benefits your school or district.
Can we use the books as part of our project?
Can we use all the funds in one year?
No, the maximum amount of grant funds that can be used in the first year of the project is 60%. The remaining 40%, and any other residual amounts of the funds from the first year, must be spent by the end of the second year or they are forfeited.
If our school or district already uses ADI in science, can we still apply?
Yes, you can apply to implement ADI Math in your school or district. You can also apply to implement ADI Science in a grade level that hasn't used ADI before, but priority will be given to applicants wanting to introduce a new subject field.