Professional Learning Specialist
As our company continues to grow, we are looking to add additional team members who share our core values and are interested in being a part of something that has never been done before in education. Our goal is to hire a new Professional Learning Specialist who wants to help teachers learn how to use our instructional materials for science, mathematics or engineering.
Preparing, facilitating and following up on face-to-face and virtual professional learning experiences about Argument-Driven Inquiry (ADI) at schools throughout the United States. The professional learning experiences we offer focus on science, mathematics, or engineering in grades 3-12.
- Developing new (and refining existing) professional learning experiences based on current trends, research, and policy, and supporting teachers and district leaders as they learn how to use our instructional materials.
- Provide support for districts who are using ADI online resources as needed.
- Create and deliver webinars about our resources for educators on Zoom.
- Create and deliver conference talks for educators
- Create support videos and other informational tools (such as responses to frequently asked questions) about ADI online resources.
- Have a detailed understanding of our online products and services.
- Assist customers (districts and individual teachers) with setting up and navigating programs or software associated with ADI online resources as needed.
Bachelor’s degree in science, mathematics, engineering, or education.
- Experience teaching science, math, or engineering in grades 3-12.
- Ability to work as part of a collaborative team and complete projects independently.
- Highly Proficient with Microsoft Office (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Professional appearance and attitude at all times.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds (because materials for workshops need to be moved into and out of schools)
- Valid Driver’s License
- Experience using the Argument-Driven Inquiry model or supporting others as they learn to use the model.
- Experience facilitating professional learning experiences (or providing professional development) for teachers.
- Large group (50+) presentation or speaking experience (beyond classroom teaching).
- Knowledge of current trends, research, and policy in science, mathematics, and engineering education.
Other Information about the Position
- Time Commitment: Full-time
- Location: Austin, TX (not negotiable)
Benefits & Compensation
Compensation: Commensurate with experience
- Health Insurance Reimbursement Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
Send the following to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cover Letter and Resume or CV